Document shredding you can trust.
Secure containers picked up at your schedule with NO contract.
Ready to schedule a pickup?
We pick up containers from 8:30 am until 11:30 am.
Upon your online signup, an email will be sent to you to confirm your pickup date and time.
A unique business owned and operated by individuals with intellectual disabilities.
Shred for Independence is a small business in the Houston Heights where young adults with intellectual disabilities learn skills necessary to become engaged and productive members of society by providing a valuable service to the community in which they live.
Shred for Independence is a vocational component of The Summerhouse Day program. Through this program, members learn valuable skills necessary for holding a job: consistency, follow-through, and persistence. In addition, they learn to value themselves as important members of a team. Without each member of our team, the work does not get done. They feel productive and successful — because they are.
Choose the container that best suits your need!
You'll have the option of choosing one of the following containers during the scheduling process.
33 Gallon Security Console
Best suited for long-term office use as it easily blends into most settings
• Anti-phishing paper deflector and self-closing lock ensure documents remain secure at all times.
• Ergonomic Rigid Insert offers lightweight design and power grips on both ends to allow for easy emptying. Balanced grip allows for easier handling than traditional console bag.
• Modular base protects carpets and console from damage, slides easily on carpet.
65 Gallon Container
Best suited for closet/utility room storage or yearly file purge
• Internal Patented Lockjaw® locking system
• Anti-phish ridge prevents the possibility of tampering with documents
• Rounded corners provide extra rigidity and security to prevent tampering
• Reverse Molded Paper Slot - no need to back in cart
• 12” rubber wheels non-marking
All shredding is 100% secure & recycled
Two simple plans - no fuss
Whether you are signing up for NEW SERVICE or you are an EXISTING CUSTOMER, all shredding container pickups and exchanges must be scheduled through our website.
- 65-gallon security container
- OR two 33-gallon security containers
- Secure, locked containers provided
- All shredding is recycled
- *free with a donation to The Summerhouse
- All shredding is recycled
*Customers must schedule a pickup at least every 90 days to have a security console or bin at their place of business.
*Every Thursday (excluding holidays) is our service day on a first come, first serve basis. We pick up containers from 8:30 am until 11:30 am.
*Upon your online signup, an email will be sent to you to confirm your pickup date and time.